Monday, December 7, 2009

the first of many..

I've never been much of a writer. I had a diary once when I was 12. I filled the first 20 pages and abandoned it. I found it this summer when me and my brother tore down the shed in the backyard. My dad and I built that shed a long time ago. By the time we tore it down the floor had rotted out and every spider ever born was calling it home. You couldn't tell then, but it used to be the greatest place on earth to me. It was where me and my neighbor, Brittany, would run away to and have sleepovers in. One summer, I got an extension cord and a blow up mattress and actually lived in it.. TV and everything! Its gone now, but at least I get to keep the memories. Maybe when I get home I'll share a thought from 12 year old Jenn.. maybe. Craig laughed when he read it. He thought I was a silly little kid, weird too. Most people did. I'm pretty sure I was just lonely.

I started this blog so I could keep in touch with the ones I love most. This past month has been incredibly hard for me in many ways. The most difficult part though was that I felt like I couldn't share it with everyone. I didn't have much time to spend on the phone with my friends from home. I was frustrated that I couldn't keep my new friends in Santa Barbara updated. I couldn't even keep my own thoughts straight long enough to pray. Even with everyone showing how much they cared.. I felt like I did when I was 12 years old, so alone. Looking back, God has delivered so many blessings and answered so many prayers in the last few weeks and I want to be able to share that with everyone.

I am so thankful for this sweet beginning :)

1 comment:

  1. ah omg omg im so excited to keep up with your blog. i really enjoy reading them [: and with us being gone for 3 weeks, i will definitely keep up with you my love <3

    praying for you always [:

    ReplyDelete